Welcome to EAGALA in Australia and New Zealand!
Regional Coordinator EAGALA Pacific:
Helen Gorfine, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , 0448-762-184
EAGALA Network Groups
Local network groups welcome EAGALA members, & new members, to attend regular meetings to share information & resources, & for support & professional development. Please contact your local networking group Coordinator for information about group meetings.
- EAGALA Queensland - Helen Sorensen, email@example.com, 07-54788239
- EAGALA Victoria - Helen Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, 61-400224174
- EAGALA Sydney - Jennifer Toms, email@example.com, 612-4684-3663
- Tasmanian EAGALA - Lesley Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org, +613-6239-6470
- EAGALA Central Coast NSW - Michelle Wein, email@example.com, 0401-477-329
- New Zealand (Bay of Plenty) - Gail Morley, firstname.lastname@example.org, +64 278272080
- New Zealand - Renee Keenan, email@example.com, + 64 276015929
EAGALA Pacific Focus Groups
- Business & Financial Resources
- CPD Continuing Professional Development
- Horse Safety & Well Being
- Media & Promotion
For general information about focus groups please contact Pacific Regional Coordinator
EAGALA International Conference
Pacific Convenor: Helen Gorfine Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , 0448-762-184
Horse Safety & Well Being Focus Group
Convenor: Holly Ohlson Email: email@example.com
Research Focus Group
Convenor: Naomi Rossthorn Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for upcoming EAGALA Certification Training Courses in Australia and New Zealand . Check back again as more trainings get scheduled through the year, or feel free to contact EAGALA with any questions. EAGALA Certification requires taking the Part 1 and Part 2 training courses, and submission of a Professional Development Portfolio. Click here for more information on the Certification program.
- Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia: Part 1- Thurs - Sat, Sept 25th - 27th, 2014
- Sunshine Coast, QLD, Australia: Part 2 - Mon - Wed, Sept 29th - Oct 1st, 2014
Join local and International EAGALA practitioners, mental health professionals and equine specialists, to experience the EAGALA Model in action.
The Conference is a fantastic opportunity to learn about applications of the EAGALA Model.
Find out about the amazing benefits & powerful outcomes achieved with the EAGALA Model & it's impact worldwide.
The Conference is for those new to the field and experienced practitioners.
Join us in sunny Sydney to connect with local and international experts for 3 days of inspiration & networking!
In the Media
September 2014: Article in the Advertiser (NSW, Australia) on new schools student leadership program with EAGALA practitioner Dave Hollier
6 June 2013: Rodney Times "Healing power of horses" by Edna Heled on EAGALA in New Zealand at Dune Lakes Lodge
Australian Association of Social Workers, Swift - Autumn 2010 issue, "Could a horse help you and your clients?" by Tiffany Carmichael, pages 8-9.
Equine Assisted Learning at Horse Sense for Humans
By Tiffany Carmichael, Equine Specialist and Director, Horse Sense For Humans
Equine Assisted Learning in Schools & Student Wellbeing: Article in Active Education Magazine 2010 by Helen Gorfine
"Find Yourself", Free Rein Australia, Cindy Jacobs: Surf Coast Times, On Line Jan 10th 2011, page 7
Gail Morley, Occupational Therapist/ Case Manager, Child & Adolescent Mental Health Specialist Services, New Zealand. Bay of Plenty Times, 23rd March, 2011.
Lisa Wilkinson, Equispark.com, EAGALA Training April 2011, Wellington, New Zealand.
EAGALA Model schools program in New Zealand
Community Health Service introduces EAGALA Model Program, Victoria
EAGALA Pacific Conference & EAGALA Model Program information in Horsewyse Magazine Spring Issue 2012 out now.