Welcome to EAGALA in Australia and New Zealand!
Regional Coordinator EAGALA Pacific:
Helen Gorfine, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , 0448-762-184
EAGALA Network Groups
Local network groups welcome EAGALA members, & new members, to attend regular meetings to share information & resources, & for support & professional development. Please contact your local networking group Coordinator for information about group meetings.
- EAGALA Queensland - Helen Sorensen, email@example.com, 07-54788239
- EAGALA Victoria - Helen Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, 61-400224174
- EAGALA Sydney - Lynette Toms, email@example.com, 0407-281-273
- Tasmanian EAGALA - Lesley Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org, +613-6239-6470
- New Zealand (Bay of Plenty) - Gail Morley, email@example.com, +64 278272080
- New Zealand - Renee Keenan, firstname.lastname@example.org, + 64 276015929
EAGALA Pacific Focus Groups
- Business & Financial Resources
- CPD Continuing Professional Development
- EAGALA Pacific Conference
- Horse Safety & Well Being
- Media & Promotion
For general information about focus groups please contact Pacific Regional Coordinator
EAGALA Pacific Conference Focus Group
Convenor: Helen Gorfine Email: email@example.com , 0448-762-184
Horse Safety & Well Being Focus Group
Convenor: Holly Ohlson Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Focus Group
Convenor: Naomi Ross Email: email@example.com
Click here for upcoming EAGALA Certification Training Courses in Australia and New Zealand . Check back again as more trainings get scheduled through the year, or feel free to contact EAGALA with any questions. EAGALA Certification requires taking the Part 1 and Part 2 training courses, and submission of a Professional Development Portfolio. Click here for more information on the Certification program.
- Tauranga, New Zealand: Part 1 - Feb. 3-5, 2013 & Part 2 - Feb. 7-9, 2013
- Victoria, Australia: Part 1 - Nov. 3-5, 2013 & Part 2 - Nov. 7-9, 2013
EAGALA Pacific 2nd Biennial Conference - 2014! Details to come.
In the Media
Australian Association of Social Workers, Swift - Autumn 2010 issue, "Could a horse help you and your clients?" by Tiffany Carmichael, pages 8-9.
Equine Assisted Learning at Horse Sense for Humans
By Tiffany Carmichael, Equine Specialist and Director, Horse Sense For Humans
Equine Assisted Learning in Schools & Student Wellbeing: Article in Active Education Magazine 2010 by Helen Gorfine
"Find Yourself", Free Rein Australia, Cindy Jacobs: Surf Coast Times, On Line Jan 10th 2011, page 7
Gail Morley, Occupational Therapist/ Case Manager, Child & Adolescent Mental Health Specialist Services, New Zealand. Bay of Plenty Times, 23rd March, 2011.
Lisa Wilkinson, Equispark.com, EAGALA Training April 2011, Wellington, New Zealand.
EAGALA Model schools program in New Zealand
Community Health Service introduces EAGALA Model Program, Victoria
EAGALA Pacific Conference & EAGALA Model Program information in Horsewyse Magazine Spring Issue 2012 out now.